Catalan Films & TV reveals the ShortCat 2017 selectionThe program for the international promotion of the Catalan shortfilm celebrates its 10th anniversary
The Catalan Films & TV ShortCat programme celebrates its 10th anniversary. The programme features a selection of eight short films that will be presented at festivals and markets around the world.
Catalan Films & TV, since 2015 has been submitting the programe to the main international film festivals during one year.
The jury has been composed of Juanjo Gimenez, director and producer (Nadir Films), Pere Vall, editor in chief of Fotogramas, Fernanda del Nido, producer (Setembro Cine), Salette Ramalho, director of Agência da Curta Metragem Portugal, Marie-Elaine Riou, director of the festival Regard Sur le court-metrage au Seguenay (Canada) and Theo Tsappos, Festival Manager, Short Films at the Swedish Film Institute.
The chosen titles are:
- Cavalls Morts by Marc Riba and Anna Solanas (I+G Stop Motion)
- Cucli by Xavier Marrades (Nanouk Films)
- Les bones nenes by Clara Roquet (Lastor Media)
- Morning Cowboy by Fernando Pomares and Elena Pomares (Travelogue Studio)
- Ringo by Adrià Pagès (ESCAC Films)
- Rol by Hammudi Al-Rahmoun Font (Coming Soon Films)
- Waste by Laura Sisteró and Alejo Levis (Petra Garmon)
As to festival exposure, the ShortCat programme is also a benchmark for Catalan short film production.