Ventana Sur (November 30th-Desember 4th), the main market for audiovisual content in Latin America and an important meeting point for distributors, buyers and sales agents, will take place mainly in an online edition due to the global pandemic. Organized by the National Institute of Cinema and Audiovisual Arts (INCAA) and the Marché du Film – Cannes Film Festival, the market promotes international co-production, financing and distribution of Latin American content of all genres (fiction, documentary and animation). Apart from market screenings, the event hosts different sections: Primer Corte, Copia Final, Blood Window, Animation!, Proyecta, conferences an the Video Library.
Catalan Films & TV will have its own virtual booth to present their upcoming Catalan films, film commissions and film locations, and support more than 30 Catalan companies registered (production companies, distributors, sales agent and festivals). The stand will be the window into the Catalan films screened in the market and the upcoming Catalan films.
11 Catalan films will be presented at the market screenings:
- Baby, de Juanma Bajo Ulloa (La Charito Films, Fragil Zinema)
- Cadáver exquisito, de Lucía Vassallo (Intropía Media, Pensilvania Films)
- Josep, d'Aurel (Les Films d'Ici, Imagic)
- Uno para todos, de David Ilundain (Fasten Films, Inicia Films, A Contracorriente Films, Bolo Audiovisual)
- Las niñas, de Pilar Palomero (Inicia Films, BTeam Prods)
- La vampira de Barcelona, de Lluís Danés (Brutal Media, Televisió de Catalunya, Filmax)
- Las consecuencias, de Claudia Pinto (Erase una vez Films)
- La maldición del guapo, de Beda Docampo (Arcadia Motion Pictures, Cados Producciones AIE, Dammed Bello, Zarlek Producciones)
- L'Ofrena, de Ventura Durall (Nanouk Films, Bord Cadre Films, Fasten Films, Suica Films)
- Sentimental, de Cesc gay (Imposible Films, Sentimentalfilm AIE)
- El año del descubrimiento, de Luís López Carrasco (LaCima Producciones S.L., Alina Film, Magnetica Creative Lab, Cromagnon Producciones
Furthermore, Meritxel Colell's third feature film, Dúo (Polar Star Films, Paraiso Production, Pensilvania Films,Manufactura de películas) has been selected to participate in the Ibermedia Speed Meeting Session, an initiative with the support of ICAA that aims to deepen the work of promoting the projects that participate in the IBERMEDIA program.
As every year, Sitges, International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia. will supoport genre film in the market. General Manager Monica Garcia will join the Blood Window Lab jury. One project will be selected to participate in the industry program of the next edition of Sitges Pitchbox at Sitges 2021. What's more, Festival Director Ángel Sala, will participate in the round table Festivals meeting.
Finally, Catalan companies involved in animation projects: Mr. Miyagi Films, Cornelius Films, Wknd or Mago Production will be attending Animation!, an exclusive space for animation and an opportunity for producers looking to connect with Latin America. What's more, the Catalan animation feature film project in development, Hanna i els monstres/Hanna and the Monsters have been selected to participate in the New Spanish Animation! Showcase, which includes 6 animation projects, organized by ICAA in collaboration with WEIRD Market and Animation! Ventana Sur.